Blog Archive

Wednesday 30 April 2014

A new year, a new focus.

Last year was rather a rough one for me and left me feeling fairly disheartened. I think I lost the last of my naïveté, and the last of my innocence.

I am really saddened by this wasteful world we live in, where everyone is after a better deal and is willing to climb over their fellow human to get their hands on it (preferably giving them a kick as they climb). It isn't the world I want to live in, it is not the workplace I want to work in, and it is certainly not the future society I want to bring my children into.

But it is so, it exists, and I cannot change it.

All any of us can do is be the best people we can be - look after ourselves well so that we can be kind and good people to others - especially to those we love the most.

I made some big choices last year that will deeply affect the rest of my life, and so far I feel very strongly that they were the right choices. Sometimes, you just have to trust in yourself and do what you instinctively know is right.

2014 is looking very positive, full of hope, new life and creative promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Footscray, Victoria, Australia
I sew, design and create whilst also being a loving mother of one beautiful son. Like thousands of other women, my nesting instinct led me to a sewing machine and I haven't stopped since. I adore all fabric, but try to only buy organics. I simply can't resist a good Japanese linen though, so I do make an exception on organics sometimes!!